Saturday, June 30, 2007

Caviar Burger


Now Playing : "O Sole Mio" - Luciano Pavarotti


First there was the most expensive sandwich in the world. And of course, people are known to put just about anything between the two layers of carbs. What will they come up with next?? The answer : A Caviar Burger.

While this concoction would be a (very rich) caviar lover's dream meal, it really does seem strange! Such a blatant merging of two worlds--the expensive caviar and the everyday burger! Being a caviar lover myself, I would definitely try this if my wallet would allow it!

Let's see. Judging from the picture, a rough estimated cost of making one would be;
  1. Burger buns - less than RM3
  2. An ounce of salmon roe x 5 - RM39.90 x 5 = RM199.50
  3. An ounce of sturgeon caviar x 4 - RM60 x 4 = RM240
Total : RM442.50!!!

*Ouch!* I doubt I'll be making that anytime soon as I'm already so bwoke! I wonder if anyone has actually tried making one of these after seeing this picture. The closest I'll come to an expensive sandwich is my smoked salmon ciabatta. Mmmmmmm!

No comments: