Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm Emo. Yeah.

Now Playing : "Autumn Leaves" - Oscar Peterson Trio

You know, I've always considered myself lucky to have been born a woman. I love it. But just once each month, for five long days,

I HATE BEING ONE

Do I need to be more specific? Periods! It makes me feel like a bloated elephant (it blows since I'm on a diet), it makes the twins feel as they could fall off, I make more bathroom trips than I want to, it makes certain activities...yucky and most of all, it makes me cranky as hell!

The thing that annoys me most about this stupid, unwanted and very much disliked visitor is the fact that I'll get super cranky, snap at or plain ignore everyone for just about anything or sometimes, for even no reason at all! When the "no reason" bit happens, I feel guilty but at the same time I can't help myself. 

Don't get me started on the times when it makes me cry.

I really wanted it to stop, and it did, but to my chagrin for only about half a year or so (maybe more, maybe less). I thought my new healthier diet contributed to that and I felt so happy when it stopped. Other than hormones, I just don't know why it's come back. 

Or maybe there is no other reason.

Yesterday and maybe a day or two before that, I snapped at Phil for the smallest of things that he did or said. I consciously knew what I was doing, but I just couldn't for the life of me, prevent myself from indulging in it...and I feel terrible for it. I felt so guilty because I was nitpicking at things that probably weren't his fault and probably was nothing to be huffy about to begin with.

So Phil, I'm sorry...you're the last person I want to be acting like this with and just put up with me for another five days or so and I'll be back to normal. I'm just very emo right now. *hugs*

No comments: